Pages

Saturday 12 April 2014

The perfect berry lips

After a bit of a mental breakdown in work a few weeks back, I decided that the only thing that would cheer me up was a trip to the Selfridges makeup department (I know I'm not the only one that seeks this solution). Approximately an hour and £150 later I left feeling, as I knew I would, like I could solve all of my problems now that I had the materials to face them.

Like most people when they're feeling down and resort to shopping to cheer themselves up, I normally have the following reaction - "I shouldn't have spent that money"/ "I don't even like this"/ "What was I thinking" which is followed by me returning said splurge.

For whatever reason though, I very rarely get this from splurging on makeup even when it's an eyeshadow that I may only wear a couple of times a year and this trip reminded me of that because three weeks later I am still absolutely obsessed with an item I picked up on this particular trip.

I bought the usual everyday essentials that were in need of topping up and then decided to treat myself to a lipstick to match my outfit for a concert I was attending at the weekend. I found myself lingering around the NARS counter when I spotted the most wonderful berry coloured crayon I have ever seen.

Now normally I'm not a fan of pencils for whatever area of my face as I often find them quite dry and the colour never seems as bold as it should, however swiping this pencil across the back of my hand nearly brought tears of joy to my eye.

The NARS description reads "Satin Lip Pencil dresses up lips in statement shades that seduce with rich, color-bright pigments while drenching them in decadent moisture. A modern, long-wearing, vitamin-enriched formula in a jumbo pencil format to provide great wear and intense color with a satin finish. Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product" and I think this may the first time I've found a pencil that lives up to its promises!

Although the pencil is quite chunky the colour glides on with no tugging and the colour is so vibrant it literally takes one quick application to reach the desired vibrancy. I wore mine as an all over colour (with no lipgloss) and it lasted me through a three course meal and half a bottle of wine without showing the slightest hint of a smudge/fade - I was amazed!

The colour I chose was 'Palais Royal' - the perfect combination of red and purple, evoking images of rich luxurious wine. I'm not sure whether the vibrancy of the colour was down to the crayon being of a darker shade, but come payday I'll definitely be investing in another more everyday colour to try it out! At £17.50 it's quite a bit more than I would normally spend on a lip product but it truly outperformed, and as a crayon it's also much bigger than your usual lipstick so really you're saving yourself money (us girls have an amazing ability to justify these things don't we?!)

So if you too are looking for the perfect berry shade have a look at the NARS counter next time you're out and see what you think.

Carla 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, I appreciate and reply to all comments 💕