Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Two-tone Lips

We all know that two-tone, or ombre, hair has been all the range over the last few months but I've also seen some pretty impressive images of two-tone lips so I decided to give it a go myself. There are some amazing outlandish examples, but as I was going out for dinner last night I decided I'd opt for something a little more subtle like the pink example to the left.



To achieve this, I used two lip brushes to apply the product (1), Mac Pro Longwear in 'Dress it up' (3), Illamasqua 'Welt' (2) and Mac Pro Longwear paint pot 'Chilled on Ice' (4).



I started with foundation covering my lips as this provides a good surface for the colour to stick to. I roughly outlined my lips using the thinnest brush and the dark Illamasqua lipstick and then used the brush to drag the colour into the middle (but not all the way). I then applied the lighter Mac shade into the remaining space and proceeded to blend the two together which gave quite a subtle look.

I think the next time I try this, I may use a third even lighter call as my end result was very subtle to the point where I'm not convinced the photo does it justice - I promise it was much better in person!

To finish the look I used my fingertip to add the 'Chilled on Ice' paint to my lips which gave it a gorgeous glittery sheen.



What do you think?




4 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty! I'm going to attempt this, it probably will fail on me but thanks for sharing X

    http://dailyblogsss.blogspot.co.uk/

    -Demi x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely :)

    Giveaway in my blog:

    http://www.gagcloud.com/2013/10/floral-headband-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking the ombre lip trend. Love your choice in color!

    Elise @ A Bow On Top

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, I appreciate and reply to all comments 💕